The COVID-19 pandemic has presented organizations across the world with a myriad of challenges concerning this highly contagious illness that primarily attacks the upper respiratory system. Some severe outcomes have been reported in children, and a child with a mild or even asymptomatic case of COVID-19 can spread the infection to others who may be far more vulnerable.
While it is not possible to eliminate all risk of furthering the spread of COVID-19, Bible2School programs will take necessary precautions and comply with guidelines from the federal, state, and local governments, The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Occupational Safe and Health Administration (OSHA), and Pennsylvania Department of Health (DOH), to reduce the risks to students, volunteers, staff, and their families. As knowledge regarding COVID-19 is constantly changing, Bible2School reserves the right to adjust and implement precautionary methods as necessary to decrease the risk of exposure for our students, volunteers, and staff.
Some precautionary methods Bible2School may take include but may not be limited to:
- Encouraging social distancing and promoting hygiene practices such as hand washing (using hand sanitizer)
- Intensifying cleaning, disinfection, and ventilation in facilities where Bible2School is held where possible
- Educating students, volunteers, and staff on health and safety protocols
In order to participate as a student or volunteer in a Bible2School program, we seek your commitment that you have taken all necessary steps to mitigate the risk of transmission of COVID-19. Specifically, you agree to be personally responsible for following any applicable guidance or directive from federal, state, and local governments, the CDC, OSHA, DOH, including but not limited to:
- Staying home when sick
- Wearing a face mask
- Avoiding close contact with other individuals (maintain social distancing of at least six feet, handshaking, or large gatherings)
- Washing hands often for at least 20 seconds with warm water and soap
- Avoiding touching the face and eyes with one’s hands
- Avoiding sharing tools, phones, and other objects
You also acknowledge that these best practices and precautions may or may not be effective in mitigating the spread of COVID-19. While particular recommendations and personal discipline may reduce the risks associated with participating in Bible2School during the COVID-19 pandemic, the risk of serious illness, medical complications and possible death do exist.
Please complete the fields below to indicate you have read and understand the above Acknowledgment and intend to be bound by its terms.